Sunday, March 16, 2008

How it is to be evaluated by others?

I like this peer evaluation session. I prefer others to share their ideas, opinions and comments about what I have presented. I believe individual work will get better and improved by others’ comments and critics. Therefore, I think this kind of approach is very helpful and effective to my presentation enhancement. This will guide me to do better in the next task. Besides, it helps me to face the real situation in classroom. However, I hope this opportunity to evaluate others will not turn to personal attack session. Some people will grab this chance to critic person that they do not like. To me, it is very ridiculous to do so because it is supposedly be a beneficial and knowledgeable gathering. Not the emotional expression forum. Furthermore, evaluated by others especially friends are not a matter at all. The fact that we know each other make it easier to give opinion. To me, I do not feel ashamed or offended by their comments. Indeed, I appreciate my peer for their attention and support. Thanks guys!

3 comments:

Eunice MiKuMiKu said...

I am definitely 100% agree with your opinion here! For me, I do not think to be offended when others critic about my teaching. Those critics and opinions are really valuable as from those opinions I know what is my weaknesses and I know what should I do to make my teaching more perfect. For example, the video clip that I showed in last teaching was too violence for them. After thinking back, I think I should include some moral values to the students after letting them watch the clip.

Maom@o said...

hey..
I fully agree with you because I have the same feeling as you do.
Actually, doing peer work can make us more alert about each others mistakes while we can think this kind of approach is very helpful and effective to my presentation enhancement. This will guide me to do better in the next task.

Besides that, I felt that it is fun to be in front of peoples that evaluate you. They can point out your mistake so that you won’t repeat your mistake again. To avoid you get bad comment from your friend, you will struggle hard to complete your task and do well in your teaching to avoid shoot by their rifle. Unconsciously, you had been trained professionally to be a teacher as you didn’t realize that you are.

Moreover, it is true that some of us will attack peoples that we don’t like. I think it is not ridiculous, but it is an encouragement. By avoid getting attack; you have to work harder so that he or she doesn’t have the opportunity to attack you. It is beneficial to us as we are getting ourselves move a step forward. It hits two birds with a stone.

hamizah said...

it is rather very creative of you to think of that maisarah~
but somehow, i have to agree with your statements.
it is unbelievable of how some people could ever thought the simulated session as the personal attacking field. i believe it is a very unproffesional thing to do because the session should be enlighting to all. it is where we observe and realise mistakes that we often did in teaching. the point of realising and helping our peers in fixing some errors is very educational. i hope that my collegues will do the same to. critical comments are very much appreciated! hehe~